Today I woke up happy. In fact most days, I tend to wake up happy. I wake up very tired because I have to be at work at 6am, but once I get going I am at the very least, grateful to be alive and awake.
Today marks my five year anniversary of being sober from alcohol and any other mind altering substances. Why? Well, the long story short is because it stopped being fun for me. It started to make me physically and mentally sick, and I didn’t want to feel that way anymore so I decided to try something new. To be completely honest, I didn’t want to stop partying but I knew that I had to if I wanted to live life here I was meant to live. My life today is so good, and I owe it all to choosing a life of sobriety. I could write forever on this topic so I am going to keep it short and sweet today.
5 cool things about being sober
- I wake up every day remembering what I did the night/day before with NO HANGOVER
- I actually like myself today
- I have a spiritual connection today that is the most importnant thing in my life. The benefits to having this connection is unexplainable and coolest thing ever
- All the relationships in my life are real and I choose only to surround myself with good people
- When I am happy, I am actually happy. It’s not a fleeting fake high that leaves me feeling sad and lost
More to come on how I maintain this way of life. It’s not always rainbows and butterflies but it sure is worth it! Thanks, God for giving me this opportunity.